Reporting to the Senior Director of Technology and Analytics and working primarily in support of America's Test Kitchen Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing initiatives under the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Data Science and Analytics Manager will provide analytical support related to user growth & content, help implement marketing strategy using modeling, segmentation, targeting, & forecasting, and create meaningful presentations & analyses that tell a 'story' focused on insights, not just data.
You will be a thought-leader with a curious analytical character, striving to identify and convey analysis-based insights while embracing the analysis and data itself.
- Design, build, implement, and continuously improve ad-hoc and production-level predictive and prescriptive analytical models to help ATK maximize ROI on marketing spend, understand customer behavior and grow our customer file
- Communicates findings using visually compelling graphics and clear explanations to departments heads to inform the business strategy
- Interfaces with key stakeholders across the ATK marketing areas to gather requirements, suggest approaches, socialize results
- Complete implementation of and optimization to segmentation and the conversion of prospects and customers through the CRM or other marketing efforts
- Leverage existing tools and technologies (and sourcing others as necessary) that organize company data and measure consumer analytics
- Develop experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients, and third-party vendors on innovative projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, including design and findings
- Support initiatives from concept to launch, and check and adjust models in production
- Able to work in a collaborative environment focused on team results
- Experienced and skilled at communicating complex concepts in a straightforward manner to a non-technical audience
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, business acumen and presentation skills
- Understand how elements of a business affect each other and are able to communicate with all areas of an organization
- Excel at analytical problem solving and, visualization., and decision making skills
- Continue to learn, evaluate and recommend new techniques, software or systems
- Are self-motivated with a demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail
- Are not easily discouraged with legacy data structures
- Keep a positive attitude towards business problems, to continue to work towards findings
- Set priorities and makes adjustments to reach goals across multiple projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in predictive/ prescriptive analytics and statistical methods, including regressions, neural networks, Bayesian networks, decision trees, survival modeling, feature engineering, mathematical programming, etc.
- Proficiency in data mining, machine learning, or statistical software/programming languages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Ability to understand complex business processes, concepts, and requirements and translate them into mathematical models
- Expertise in Excel and SQL required, experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau preferred) and knowledge of MDM and data architecture a plus
- Willing and able to quickly and effectively learn new software, techniques, and concepts
- 4+ years of work experience with hands on business analytics/statistical modeling, especially related to marketing attribution, customer segmentation, lifetime value, and marketing response
- 2+ years of work experience in marketing analytics, preferably for subscription or retail companies
- B.S. in Quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering; M.S. degree or PhD a plus
- Strong knowledge of experimental/test design
- Working knowledge of survey design and analysis procedures with familiarity of survey tools
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of social media and social listening tools