Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test named the best by The New York Times enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Embark was listed in Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups, and with over 1 million dogs tested, we continue to make amazing paw-gress towards bettering the lives of dogs.
Join our pack! At Embark, our People First culture is centered around building an amazing team and giving everyone an opportunity to have a voice and make an impact. We support DEI&B, your continued growth & development, work-life balance, and are committed to making Embark the best place you've ever worked!
About the role:
Embark Vet is looking for a Marketing Analytics Manager to join our growing Analytics team. In this role, you will work alongside our Director of Analytics, to develop and execute best-in-class measurement and analytics initiatives for our Marketing group.
This is a critical role, where you will be expected to own the marketing analytics roadmap. In doing so, you will collaborate very closely with channel managers, marketing leadership, finance and other analysts to generate insights, build scalable data sources and reporting, and support testing efforts to drive sales growth.
What youll do:
- Set and drive the team to deliver on the marketing analytics roadmap
- Live in the data and be responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth and revenue through analysis of performance metrics.
- Work together with channel managers to deliver scalable tools for them to find insights and maintain our culture of making data driven conclusions
- Partner with our third party vendor to iterate our multi touch attribution model
- Partner with the Director of Analytics to develop long term data roadmaps for the marketing team
- Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
What experience were looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role (ideal backgrounds include: a similar business analyst/manager role at a web company, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions)
- Dependable leader with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a diverse stakeholder group
- Strong SQL and data visualization (Ideally Tableau, Looker or PowerBI) experience
- Experience with statistical packages like Python, R, etc is a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and oral skills; ability to generate insights and communicate findings effectively to a variety of audiences
- Self starter who is not afraid to try something new
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Deep passion for dog health
Research suggests that up to 60% of those identifying as under-represented individuals might have talked themselves out of applying at this point. Dont worry about checking all the boxes. At Embark, we are committed to diversity, equity, inclusivity and belonging. We are focused on hiring team members who are excited to learn and grow with us, so pleaseintroduce yourself and let us know about you!
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.