Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
The Toast Market Insights and Strategy team is responsible for understanding the restaurant market and competitive landscape and bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. This is a high-impact role that will offer senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to increase long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup through the design, execution and analysis of primary research helping to answer our biggest strategic questions across various restaurant segments.
As a Market Insights Manager - Segments, you will:
- Partner closely with the Senior Manager of Market Insights and senior leaders to develop strategic segment-focused research designed to uncover insights into buyer needs, the technology landscape and market opportunities
- Collaborate across diverse teams to provide data-driven insights and recommendations to influence company segmentation strategy, product roadmap and segment go-to-market strategy through custom market research
- Develop holistic perspectives of complex questions by combining raw data, primary research (qualitative & quantitative), and secondary research to develop actionable insights and guide business decision making across restaurant segments
- Socialize insights through storytelling and collaborate with marketing, product, and insights teams across the organization to build Toasts collective knowledge
- Build, test, and deploy surveys from the ground up (including questionnaire design, survey programming, sampling parameters, and data cleaning)
- Leverage various data sources (Salesforce, Looker, etc.) and be able to extract, transform, and build analyses and data visualizations to help answer critical questions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Prior experience in market research, insights, consulting, or similar job role type
- Strong analytical skills and experience with primary market research (both quantitative and qualitative), survey design, data analysis and marketing analytics tools and techniques
- Experience with manipulating large, dirty, and disparate datasets
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (Google Sheets) & Powerpoint (Google Slides)
- Experience with developing surveys via Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, or similar with familiarity of complex survey logic, piping, and dynamic fields
- Ability to build strong, compelling storylines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quantitative and qualitative research to move leadership to action
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple project timelines, internal partners, external partners, and deadlines
- Highly collaborative, with experience working across diverse teams to drive results
- Enthusiasm, and a willingness to explore, grow, and learn
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Interest and passion for startups, tech, and the restaurant industry
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to learn in a growing environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.