Market Development Specialist
EF Ultimate Break
Are you passionate about travel? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you an effective communicator and team player? Do you pay attention to the smallest of details? If so, you might be the ideal Market Development Specialist for the Ultimate Break’s Market Development Department.
As a Market Development Specialist, you’ll be part of Ultimate Break’s Market Development team responsible for growing the business and ensuring a flawless customer experience. Attention to detail, organization, focus, analytical and creative problem-solving skills, patience, and product knowledge are essential qualities for this role.
As a Market Development Specialist, you will use your organization, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills to help with all aspects of tour development, itinerary innovation, and implementation.
You will need to understand key details of every Ultimate Break itinerary, liaise clearly and efficiently with Sales, Service, Marketing, and Operations teams in offices around the world to implement change. You will be responsible for becoming a product expert, continuously working to educate staff about our tours and creating ways for them to access accurate product information.
You will be responsible for keeping tight deadlines, communicating efficiently, and updating systems to maintain accuracy and quality.
- Manage tour change implementation process during major tour change cycles including tour change letter writing and leading sales trainings
- Maintenance and enhancement of staff resources and product trainings
- Manage ad hoc tour change process
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of our product, processes, internal systems, and tour portfolio
- Be the liaison between Sales, Service and Zurich Operations/IBM teams
- Initiate and review all materials requests with Creative team including the sales catalog, website pages, DBD’s and pre-departure information as well as owning accuracy of sales and marketing materials in all stages.
- Responsibility of optional excursion management in database including pricing, pre-book requirements and seasonality.
- Work on a wide variety of research and development projects for Market Development including gathering formal and informal customer surveys/feedback.
- Research and project support role
- Systems maintenance in a range of systems and spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years Sales, Service, Marketing or Operations experience within EF
- Ability to appropriately prioritize numerous projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who can take ownership and adapt quickly to project needs
- Detail-oriented and hard-working
- Dedicated to quality and the customer experience
- Positive presence with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of coworker roles and personalities
- Ability to meet long and short-term deadlines
- Knowledge of the world and travel destinations, and a true passion for travel
- Analytical and creative problem solver who can calmly work through emergency and escalated situations
- Natural team member who wants to invest in our company and our team
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.