Manager, Technical Program Management is responsible for helping drive new product functionality and technical capabilities to market, keeping to agreed upon timelines and steering the agile process of several development teams. This role sits in the Engineering department and reports to the Director of Software Engineering. This role will also include management responsibilities as there is at least one additional junior PM req that Wellframe is looking to fill. That candidate will report to the Manager Program Management and will be hired based heavily on their feedback.
The Manager Program Management also works closely with internal Account Managers and clients to ensure key program milestones are met on time and that the client is positioned for success. This role will marry consultative thinking and planning with strong operational execution.
Areas of Responsibility:
Scrum Master (40%)
- Work closely with engineering scrum teams and Technical Managers/Leads to hit development milestones.
- Run daily standup meetings with engineering scrum teams.
- Run biweekly sprint retrospective and planning meetings
Project Management (20%)
- Work with Technical Managers and other Technical Project Managers to coordinate technical dependencies across projects and teams.
- Groom epics and write tickets with Product Managers and Technical Leads.
Program Management (25%)
- Work with Account Managers to assist in the coordination of client deliverables.
- Participate in meetings with clients to help negotiate deliverable deadlines, review milestones and bring back operational detail to the development process.
- Work with Wellframe recruiting to hire a junior TPM to assist with daily tasks like scrum mastering.
- Work with engineering directors and VP to set junior TPM up for success, including them in teams and opportunities that best suit their skills and desired growth opportunities.
- Mentor junior TPM offering assistance and guidance when necessary.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 3 years of experience leading technical teams in an agile environment.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
- A mastery of the software development process.
- A solid understanding of software development terminology and nomenclature.
- Expertise in leading Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Proven track record in leading projects from inception to delivery.
- Passionate about leveraging their organizational skills to help improve patient care.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating well with internal and external stakeholders.
- A desire to help junior team members grow and mature in their role.
- Flexibility both with process theory and implementation.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.