Cogo Labs is seeking an outgoing and detail-oriented leader to manage our Talent Acquisition team and strategy. Our TA team is focused on data-driven recruiting and creates efficient, scalable processes to attract and hire the best teammates. This role would blend recruiting, candidate experience, strategy, and team leadership to help us build the teams that build Cogo Labs.
As our Manager, Talent Acquisition you will:
- Manage our TA technology and processes from our ATS (Greenhouse) to the Recruiting Playbook and everything in between
- Mentor, manage, and develop the TA team
- Work alongside your team and own the hiring process from creating the req to sending the offer
- Drive candidate experience and ensure each applicant has a personalized, positive experience throughout the process
- Build strong partnerships with your hiring managers and exec staff, lead strategy, provide feedback, and drive these relationships forward to help Cogo Labs achieve our hiring goals at scale
You might be:
- A recruiter with experience managing a team focused hiring for startups or high-growth tech companies
- Youve managed recruiting as part of your current role and are ready to make it your focus
- You have some specialized recruiting experience, like department-focused or senior level roles, and want to branch out as a generalist
But you are definitely:
- A strong leader with experience coaching, mentoring, and developing multiple direct reports
- Someone who has at least five years of experience in a role with recruiting responsibilities
- A great communicator we use both data and narrative format docs to drive strategy and process and we expect you to be comfortable and effective in both mediums
- Outgoing and enthusiastic about taking on challenges
- Analytically minded and use data to drive strategy
- Ready to hit the ground running and deliver immediate results
- Obsessive about great candidate experience
- Someone who learns and adapts quickly
- Open to feedback and can take input from the team to improve the process
- Relaxed and thoughtful in your communication (as opposed to super business-y/sales-y)
- Organized, detail-oriented, and you always follow through on things that need to get done
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where needs and priorities sometimes change with little notice, and every day is a little different, and sometimes something blows up and youre like omg what!?
Cogo Labs Leadership Principle
1. Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on whats important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their teams time and effort.
2. Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
3. Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. Theyre resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
4. Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
5. Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and dont need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
6. Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
7. Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and dont sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
9. Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
10. Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
11. Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.