Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
As the Manager for Strategic Meetings and Congresses, you will be responsible for building and managing the day-to-day activities of a planning team specifically focused on home office organized events including Advisory Boards, Consultant, Investigator and Training Meetings and Congresses activities.
What You'll Do
- Seek new business opportunities in customers and provide industry best practice guidance
- Team management: Daily management of operational reporting
- Source/interview/hire team members (when applicable)
- Monitor team workload, quality, and adherence to SLAs; communication, training surrounding updates, and compliance guidance
- Program escalation research/management
- Ensure operational effectiveness for all projects
- Support customer onboarding - Support customer on-boarding team with task completion (where applicable)
- SOP creation and maintenance
- Partner with internal teams to manage applicable 3rd Party technologies and vendors
- Collaborate with Services Delivery and Strategy leads to design, develop and launch new capabilities to support home office organized events including Advisory Boards, Consultant, Investigator and Training Meetings and Congresses activities
- Recruit and hire planner team to support business
- Vet, onboard, and maintain 3rd party technologies and vendors, as needed, to provide outsourced support
- Create and maintain department documentation, SOPs, operational workflows for all customers
- Conduct/lead new business presentations and process discussions with the customer and/or internal teams as needed
- 3+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical/biotech or third-party agency to support HCP related events
- Certified HMCC, Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certificate Program
- Strong analytical skills, be a self-starter with good judgment and integrity, highly motivated and dependable
- Demonstrated leader with experience managing remote teams, hiring/training/development to support customers
- Lead recruitment efforts for the team as needed (i.e. screening & interviews), as well as training and assess skill and quality of individual team members
- Strong customer service, conflict resolution, organizational, and planning skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Oversight of customer status meetings, quarterly business reviews, and pre/post-conference meetings
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Confident in communicating both internally and externally with the ability to effectively engage with the audience
- Experience with event-related technologies, including Cvent, and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].