Forward Financing has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in Boston for the past five years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and managing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class FinTech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind.
As a Manager of Strategic Finance, this person will play a critical role in shaping the long-term business and financial strategy of Forward Financing. They will be responsible for providing data-driven insights and analysis to inform strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. This will be a highly impactful role that will offer the opportunity to help drive long-term value creation for the company. This role offers remote flexibility 2-3 days per week.
In this role you will:
- Own the long-term financial planning process (e.g. operating model)
- Responsible for all traditional FP&A workstreams such as annual and quarterly OpEx budgeting, monthly reporting and presentations for key internal and external stakeholders, hiring and capacity modeling, vendor contract analysis & negotiations, etc.
- Provide cross-functional financial and strategic thought leadership across all departments by using quantitative and financial analysis, driving key decision-making on strategic decisions across the company
- Spearhead ad-hoc and special projects & analysis; includes ROI analysis and capital allocation decisions on various potential internal and external initiatives
- Help shape capital strategy; includes executing on all capital-related processes and raises (e.g. debt and/or equity)
- Collaborate with Accounting & Finance on Lender financial and covenant reporting
- Manage, coach and mentor the existing Analyst; Strategic Finance
Requirements: (Even if you dont check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 4-6 years of experience in Investment Banking, Investing (e.g. Private Equity, Venture Capital or Hedge Funds), Management Consulting, or similar experience in a high-growth Operating Company
- Strong ability to translate complex business issues into an Excel-based framework for analysis and to derive insights; often using large data sets and starting from a blank canvas
- Robust ability and experience in building three-statement financial models
- Ability to think creatively and critically in a dynamic work environment
- History of working cross-functionally and building positive relationships with people and teams across a diverse organization
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and support each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, honest, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity, and we dont cut corners.
- Continuous Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic and assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based FinTech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1.2 billion in financing to more than 30,000 small businesses. Forward Financing has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent on a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, a virtual trivia game, or celebrating team wins together!