Office Tour Photos
As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is seeking an experienced manager for our software engineering teams. This position requires someone with the thorough knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The perfect candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the projects technical architect.
You will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews, and assist with career pathing and goal setting
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of software engineering teams
- Execute on strategic initiatives laid out by senior management
- Oversee the health of our software engineering teams to ensure each team delivers code increments that add value to the business while protecting the technical health of the product
- Establish/Ensure sound software operational practices (configuration management. Code reviews, unit testing, architectural review, root-cause analysis/correction)
- Report on the status of the software development teams, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Actively identify gaps with process, resources, or technical solutions, develop actions to address gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to address and escalate as needed
- 5+ years in a management role, responsible for 10 or more engineers in an Agile environment
- BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Work experience as a software engineer including experience with object oriented design, development frameworks, and/or web services
- Work experience in a technical position working in collaboration with software engineers
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From