Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our growing Datto SaaS Protection team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 17,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As an Engineering Manager at Datto, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing next-generation SaaS application backup and recovery software. Through hands-on leadership, youll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business outcomes. You will develop processes and apply agile best practices that will enable our teams to thrive and optimize value delivery. The ideal candidate will have a bias for action, excellent relationship management skills, and a passion to deliver quality software while fostering a collaborative and inclusive team culture.
In this job you will:
- Hire, mentor, and retain top engineering talent
- Cultivate an inclusive and collaborative engineering culture
- Provide thought leadership and technical expertise to support teams
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, nurturing cross-functional relationships, and partnering as one team towards common business goals
- Lead effectively by driving strategic outcomes and not just completion of tasks
- Work on strategy and help set direction while actively managing day-to-day software development
- Promote a world-class partner experience and ensure collective delivery of a high-quality product
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the software development life-cycle
- Remove impediments and drive business results through active communication and collaboration with our product, engineering, and stakeholder teams
- You have a passion for technology, software engineering, and continuous learning
- You offer new ideas and a unique point of view
- You are a champion for delivering high-quality software
- You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team
- You are a self-starter and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You care deeply about creating and growing great software teams, and mentoring individuals.
- Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion
- You are inquisitive and focused, and see every challenge as an opportunity
- 5+ years of professional experience managing software engineers
- Experience applying agile software delivery principles and processes to maximize business value
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Prior background in hiring, motivating, performance management and retaining top talent
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Track record of consistently getting the best performance from the people who report to you.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, were committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- Datto University virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.