At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Software Engineering Manager to act as a player/coach, helping to train and build our growing team of site reliability engineers and advance our software infrastructure and deployment platform. You will work to drive initiatives, and communicate regularly with stakeholders. You will be part manager, leader, mentor, engineer and ally to product management and other stakeholders.
At PathAI we adhere to DevOps philosophy by implementing Site Reliability Engineering. Core to the methodology as we practice it - is using software to solve infrastructure and deployment problems and create opportunities for the rest of the company. A good Site Reliability Engineer is a good Software Engineer. Were looking for people who are fundamentally good Software Engineers with a passion for the space of application infrastructure and deployment.
This role will be leading a team responsible for the fundamental deployment platforms and the associated software employed to manage those platforms. In addition we believe in engaging and liaising with our fellow pure software development teams, and this role would be key in helping to manage the relationships and understanding work around the company to help guide designs and infrastructure to increase maintainability and reliability in pursuit of out
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Experience with aligning an engineering team to business goals and driving delivery.
- A passion for mentorship and building your team through training and hiring.
- You want to stay close to the codebase and have the ability to switch between thinking big picture and collaborating on individual features with the team.
- You have a penchant for application architecture and infrastructure and understand the interaction between them.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including Product Management, Product Design, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- A recent history of working closely with code and system architecture.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Engineering skills. We expect Software Engineering Managers to be capable of operating as a Senior Engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and shipping code working on all areas of the web stack.
- Experience working on a cloud based platform in a regulated environment or medical device is a plus!
- Infrastructure and Deployment skills. For SRE team members we would like to see people with experience in dealing with infrastructure - cloud infrastructure in particular - and have been using the available tools in the space to practice modern infrastructure management.
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.