Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
As a Manager, Products Testing & Responsible Sourcing you will be leading regulatory and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis products testing to ensure that Thrasios products are designed and manufactured at the highest quality and meet all required standards in designated markets. Also you will drive Responsible Sourcing activities with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of regulatory and FMEA products testing for Thrasios existing products i.e. standards verification, testing protocols, samples deliveries, products and components documentation, testing reports analysis & implementation and documentation management
- Assist with the restructuring bills of materials, materials specifications, configuration management for products in close coordination with manufacturers and third-party testing labs and regulatory bodies
- Collaborate seamlessly with various external and internal stakeholders including: Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, Legal Compliance, Product Launch and Brand Management Teams
- Support strategic sourcing projects for existing and new products
- Drive Responsible Sourcing work stream i.e. Suppliers Code of Conduct, business, social, environmental, trade compliance, C-TPAT practices
- Manage Quality Assurance and Sourcing personnel in the US, China, and other countries
- Manage special supply chain projects as specified by leadership
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Materials Science/Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering discipline from an accredited university is a must
- 7 years of progressive experience in consumer products testing, technical sourcing, responsible sourcing and supplier quality management for wide variety of consumer products (household, medical, cosmetics, toys, electronics, textile, etc.) for the Japanese and EU markets
- 4 years experience working with 3rd party certification and testing labs i.e. SGS, Bureau Veritas, Intertek in China, Japan & EU and regulatory bodies for consumer goods and medical devices
- Experience with sourcing and manufacturing in best value countries i.e. China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, Mexico, etc. is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems in a manufacturing setting
- Strong quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively across the organization
- Problem-solving capabilities with ability to deliver results for multiple projects on time
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.