The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the worlds largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is looking for a Partner Engineer Manager to join our newly formed Partner Integration Engineering (PIE) organization dedicated to developing and managing the company's largest and most strategic technical partnerships. We create solutions to enable our partners to thrive on our platform, generating value for partners, GitLab and our community. We strive to build enduring long-term relationships with strategic partners through technical integrations that improve the customer experience. GitLab is looking for an entrepreneurial leader to build and lead our Partner Integration Engineering team.
Partner Engineers are passionate about helping our technology partners successfully integrate with the GitLab Platform. We build best-in-class developers and DevOps tools. We care deeply about providing an easy-to-use, powerful platform that empowers partners to become a crucial part of the software development and DevOps workflow. Partner Integration Engineering (PIE) is a part of the Global Alliances organization, working closely with GitLab Ecosystem Product Management to shepherd the technical relationship with our partners: from identifying customer ready integrations, to designing, developing and launching joint solutions to bring about business success. This is an opportunity to use both your deep technical expertise and your passion for helping tackle real problems for real businesses on the most popular open source Devops platform.
- Communicate strategic information and context from the company and organization to the team and other stakeholders
- Set clear expectations, and assign projects aligned with team strengths, skills and motivations, and adjust management style to match the needs of the individual
- Lead with care, recognize individual contributions, give and seek timely feedback, ensuring the team is healthy and sustaining productive relationships
- Build and scale the team by identifying skills needed, interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding new employees
- Be a Player-Coach and empower people to execute against their priorities and hold them accountable for success
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to make ongoing program and project decisions, leverage insights from the team, and make recommendations and/or decisions when issues arise
- Serve as a technology/business subject matter expert within the team and provide consultation on domain-level projects
- Lead problem definition and requirements gathering that can frame high-level goals of ambiguous projects and drive reasonable solutions
- Influence a positive outcome in partner relationships and technical projects.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, partner/sales engineer
- 2+ years leading a team of software engineering or partner/sales engineering
- Experienced in mentoring people, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Experienced in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- B.A/B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Prior experience as a Partner Engineer, Sales Engineer, Developer Evangelist, or similar roles
- Experience in software in languages like Python, Objective-C, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or other programming languages
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- You have modern SDLC experience including:
- Continuous integration and delivery
- IAC: Infrastructure as code
- Application performance monitoring
- You have a history of contributing to Open Source projects, and maintain a handful of your own OSS repositories.
- Experience working with GitLab software and GitLabs core architecture
- Experience working with Web technology stack
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The base salary range for this roles listed level is currently $109,200 - $198,900 for Colorado residents and $109,200 - $222,300 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLabs policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLabs EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.