Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Manager/Sr Manager, Benefits & Mobility is a critical role in taking our Global Benefits programs to the next level, by building the foundation for a great employee experience. In this role, the role will lead in ensuring that all current and future employees - both US and abroad - have a seamless experience as they join Thrasio as a new employee, take advantage of Thrasios benefit and wellbeing offerings, and as they move within the organization between locations and/or countries. The incumbent will bring a passion for outstanding employee experience and will drive the future of continuous improvement for our Benefits and Mobility programs.
The role provides core support and leadership as part of the People Ops Total Rewards function. Accountable for a focused set of service level agreements, this role is partially attuned to employee support needs and the transactional facilitation thereof. The incumbent will be expected to independently resolve problems and queries relative to benefits strategy and philosophy, their impact to local offerings and statutory compliance, enablement around global mobility, and general employee records management. In support of compliance with both federal and state regulation, and Thrasio internal policies, the role also assists in auditing of employee data in various records & systems, document retention, and will be responsible for some reporting and analytics, relative to their area(s) of oversight.
Some Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the design, implementation and administration of global benefits function (health, dental, life, disability, retirement, pension, leave of absence and perks) with an emphasis on continued improvement; Drives the design & continuous application of an organizational benefits philosophy to ensure all employees feel valued and supported
- Directly manages a Benefits & LOA Specialist, and coordinates Benefit-related activities in a matrixed environment, with local HR Support in-country (where applicable); leads the team to ensure the success and consistency of all employee benefits transactions & administration including new hire enrollments, employee changes, and terminations
- Drives external relationships with vendors including all insurance carriers, Benefit broker(s), and Benefit consultant(s), ensuring Thrasio receives top tier service from an administrative standpoint, and that, together, we deliver an exception experience to all employees, locally
- Partners with People Partner function to continuously assess employee needs, requests, and opportunities to drive better programmatic support and offerings, translating to employee satisfaction and engagement
- Partners with People Services and Payroll support functions, for auditing and effectively managing these transactions within the HRIS and Benefits tools, and the reconciliation of statements; acts as Subject Matter Expert with regard to all tools and systems designed to support aforementioned Benefits function.
- Manages all global mobility & immigration activities for expatriates, domestic and international transfers, including visa/immigration processes, tax equalization support, and impacts to expatriate compensation
- Designs and drives the Thrasio Relocation and Internal Mobility programs, ensuring all employees have an opportunity to grow and thrive within the organization, and, in partnership with the Talent Acquisition and People Partner teams, design and enable avenues by which employees may explore movement across departments and geographies
- Acts as the liaison between employees, managers, internal Employment Counsel, external immigration counsel and Thrasio leadership, to drive the visa application process, documentation, governmental coordination, process timelines, and manage expectations of all stakeholders
What You Bring to the Party
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct Benefits work experience, of which at least 2 years is in a leadership and strategy oriented role, responsible for design and implementation of benefit programs
- Preferred 2+ years of direct experience with Immigration and Global Mobility programming, including visa processing, program compliance, and management of related employee processes
- Experience directly or indirectly managing people and/or teams, providing direction, supporting growth, and driving the development of skills and capabilities
- Knowledge and general understanding of federal and state laws relating to benefit plans including (but not limited to) ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA and FMLA
- Strong knowledge and understanding of rewards and perks benchmarking in Tech & eCommerce industries
- Comprehensive understanding of Benefits Administration processes and enabling systems
- Familiarity with HRIS/People Technology (Workday, ADP, etc.)
- Strong senses of both urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.