iRobot Corporation is one of the world’s preeminent designers and builders of consumer robots, developing products that improve and enhance people’s lives, empowering people to do more. We are committed to fostering invention, discovery, and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robotic products for the next generation home.
As iRoboteers, our passion is expressed in many ways, from building solutions for our customers to building the greatest company possible with the best talent out there. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and fun.
Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
We are currently seeking a hands on Manager for the Mechanical Engineering Services Team within the R&D engineering organization. In this role, the manager will be responsible for leading a high impact team that interacts cross-functionally in support of data creation, storage, and iteration.
As a member of the ME management team, this position will help define and steer the future of the mechanical engineering organization. You will provide tactical day-to-day assistance to product development teams as well as long term strategic thinking to help make iRobot’s engineering organization better than ever.
- Lead a diverse team of subject matter experts to define corporate direction in cross-functional activities including mechanical drawing best practices, software licensing, CAD customization, Windchill customization and support, Bill of Material (BOM) management, and supporting mechanical product development
- Participate in design and drawing reviews in support of robust mechanical data packages
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams on activities that improve product development including new processes and procedures related to Creo and Windchill data management
- Identify opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the Engineering Services group through improved processes, new or enhanced software tools, and development of talent within the team
- Identify opportunities for CAD Tools, CAD Services, and Configuration Management engagement with program teams and other organizational needs
- Effectively communicate processes and improvements throughout the organization
- Establish and maintain high standards for execution of product development activities
- Set group priorities and allocation of resources
- Coach and mentor team members to foster individual growth
- Pitch in, when needed, to help the team create robust mechanical drawings in accordance with iRobot best practices and ASME standards
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing practices and interactions
- Strong, understanding of ASME drawing standards and CAD design best practices
- A Documentation Specialist
- Strong understanding of mechanical drawing best practices, GD&T usage and implementation in accordance with ASME Y14.5 – 2018
- Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills
- Proven leadership experience in the consumer products, robotics, or other related industry
- Strong product development skill set and experience working with product data management systems
- Robust understanding of product development cycle from blank sheet of paper to high volume manufacturing
- Domestic or International travel may be required on an infrequent basis
- High energy and rewarding team environment
- Modern office with cafeteria, gym, and free electric car charging
More Jobs From