We are seeking a Program Manager of Lab & Test Operations who would be responsible for managing the lab and test functions associated with developing our Wireless Charging Electric Vehicle products. This role will manage the day-to-day of both the test and lab operations, overseeing the prioritization of critical efforts, while managing staff responsible for execution. The role would work in conjunction with the Program Management organization in aligning on key priorities to ensure delivery of our major programs and projects. The position will be based out of our Watertown, MA headquarters.
- Manage the critical test, manufacturing, and development efforts that are run through the lab, helping ensure timely delivery of all programs’ critical milestones.
- Directly manage the lab and test team staff, helping to align efforts with general program priorities.
- Work with the Program Management organization and the program teams to foresee test needs and help forecast how to execute and deliver.
- Identify opportunities to help develop and improve the current process around how efforts are prioritized and tracked in Jira, and how we can best track ongoing work to ensure alignment with program milestones. Utilize process to be able to intake, assess, and deliver key work on behalf of several programs simultaneously.
- Ensure the lab equipment is efficient to execute our programs. Work with internal customers to review current state & forecast future needs, and align with external vendors to quote, purchase, and support/maintain equipment.
- Ensure equipment is functional via preventative maintenance. Space planning and utilization is part of this.
- Work with quality team on implementation of ISO9001 practices. Collaborate with the Program Management team to align lab operations with key process deliverables.
- Assist program and product management with the allocation of units and subassemblies, helping to prioritize key needs and ensure timely delivery to contracted partners.
- Work on specific integration with vehicles and test requirements to help assure their readiness and alignment with sales opportunities.
- BS in an engineering discipline with 5 to 8 years of experience in either program or lab management.
- Experience managing a lab and/or testing team required.
- Experience with managing and prioritizing incoming lab/test requests from engineering and program management teams, helping to smooth out individuals’ workloads as able.
- Demonstrated ability to track deliverables and dependencies; Identify and report progress, issues, risks, and cost.
- Experience reporting on team progress, deliverables, and workloads to leadership. Experience developing dashboards or other visual management tools to help convey the current workload and deliverable timing for entire engineering staff.
- Ability to manage several concurrent workstreams and keep everything up to speed.
- PMP certification and Agile experience preferred.
- Must have an execution orientation and a passion for continual process improvement; Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Able to influence and bring technical recommendations or requirements across teams in other disciplines and geographic locations.
- Experience managing software/firmware test and debug efforts a plus.
- Automotive/Electric Vehicle experience a plus.
WiTricity is the global industry leader in wireless charging, powering a sustainable future of mobility that is electric and autonomous. WiTricity’s patented magnetic resonance technology is being incorporated into global automakers’ and Tier 1 suppliers’ EV roadmaps and is the foundation of major global standards developed to support wide-scale adoption. Advancements like dynamic charging of moving vehicles, and the charging of autonomous robots and vehicles without human intervention all depend on WiTricity technology. See how WiTricity enables a magically simple, efficient charging experience.