Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
The Manager, Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for the delivery of infrastructure services to all HealthEdge customers and internal departments. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience managing complex infrastructure that runs applications which demand extremely high performance. A successful candidate will have a broad skill set and a curious attitude, the ability and desire to learn new technologies, and the ability to constantly adapt current skills.
Please note that this hire must sit full-time in our Burlington, MA office.
What you will do:
- Consistently demonstrate technical and management expertise with respect to the HealthRules Cloud and team that supports it.
- Effectively lead and motivate team members. This will include coaching junior team members, establishing succession plans for key team members, effectively delivering feedback and counseling, and proactively planning team events, meetings, and development opportunities.
- Delegate across team and peers to accomplish organization goals.
- Responsible for the HR management of direct reports including performance reviews, PTO requests, managing on-call schedules, maintaining workload balance across the team, and weekly status review of work load.
- Respond to customer issues and escalation management and maintain a consistent focus on customer success.
- Maintaining communication to the Director as needed for escalations that require senior management intervention.
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII
What you bring:
- 8+ Years of experience in the IT field with 2+ years of experience in a technical management role.
- Experience leading a team of 6+ individuals in the execution of strategic objectives and plans as well as running and maintaining operations for 6000+ servers.
- Proven experience in data-driven decision making.
- A resilient leadership style with high EQ who has the ability to mentor and coach diverse personality types and skill sets.
- A deep understanding of designing, deploying and troubleshooting client Windows and Linux-based servers using virtualization technology including VMware, Docker, OpenStack and other open source software.
- Strong analytical and deep-dive problem solving skills across multiple disciplines. (HW, OS, Network, etc.)
- The ability to prioritize and field Tier III support requests via SalesForce tickets, phone and occasional ad-hoc walk-ups.
- Experience in the management and deployment of 3rd party software platforms and solutions.
- Experiencing conducting POCs, and negotiating and recommending infrastructure purchases.
- Strong understanding of monitoring systems including Solarwinds and App Dynamics.
- Ability to effectively interface with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with the following technologies:
- Storage: EMC XtremeIO, VNX; NetApp
- Virtualization: VMware ESX; Citrix XenApp; Docker
- Data Platforms: Oracle RDBMS; Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana); MySQL
- Web Applications: Oracle WebLogic; Microsoft IIS; Apache Karaf; Apache HTTP
- Java and Java-based Applications
- Servers: Red Hat, CentOS, Windows 2008+
- Monitoring Solutions: vRealize Operations Manager, Solarwinds, App Dynamics
- Experience with .capacity planning and managing to a system life cycle
- Experience with information security frameworks, controls, and concepts including HITRUST, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53 rev 4., and/or HIPAA/HITECH.
- Familiarity with DevOps and Agile concepts
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and services, specifically change control, incident management, service delivery, problem management, and knowledge management.
- Flexibility to provide after-hours support on a rotating basis.
More Jobs From