Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
The Global Mile Logistics Manager is responsible for the execution of the global inbound strategy as outlined by leadership as well as the daily management of all the global mile logistics activities. The manager will also provide guidance on industry best practices, trade compliance and team management.
Some key responsibilities:
- Lead the global inbound shipments planning, execution and delivery as well as ensure flow of information is fully visible in different systems ERP, TMS and WMS
- Manage relationships with service providers i.e., Freight Forwarders, Trucking & Rail companies and own their performance management i.e., scorecards, SLA, escalations, claims, and corrective measures
- Ensure alignment with all relevant internal stakeholders (Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Distribution & Omni Channel Fulfilment) to ensure the right quantity of goods is delivered on time at the right cost to the right location
- Manage a team of Global Mile Logistics leads and provide guidelines for their day-to-day operations including: shipments execution, training on internal SOPs and all changes in global trade compliance requirements.
- Spearhead the HTS and HS classification process and ensure the accuracy of the data across systems of record (ERP, TMS and Product Catalogue) including compliance with government bodies for customs and tax documents for all destinations worldwide.
- Ensure optimal balance between long term contractual pricing with preferred service providers versus spot pricing is delivering the best value in terms of speed, cost, and flexibility
- Manage all relevant documentation delivery, storage and utilization including documentation to support the freight and duties cost allocation and taxes matters
What you bring to the party:
- BS Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation, etc.
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience, including 3 years in a management role in global logistics or related field.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with global end-to-end service providers, freight forwarders, trucking/rail/shipping lines/ airlines for FCL, LTL, FTL
- Strong understanding of ERP, TMS, WMS systems
- Advanced computer skills
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for excellence Thrives in fast paced environments Exceptionally poised under pressure.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.