At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Wasabi’s Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will be a key addition to our Finance team as we build out a high performing FP&A function by developing processes that scale for a high growth company. You will partner with various teams throughout the organization to drive decision-making using financial analysis. This person will play a key role driving a disciplined budgeting and forecasting process, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to support company-wide decision making. In addition to working closely with team members across the organization, this role will also work closely with the CFO, Senior Director of Financial Operations and Corporate Controller. This role will report to The Corporate Controller.
- Manage and consolidate the annual planning process as well as long-range planning process by implementing best practices that scale
- Lead monthly forecasting process including actuals vs forecast and budget variance analysis
- Enhance and own the revenue forecast model
- Coordinate corporate KPIs with cross functional teams in Financial Ops, Marketing, R&D Ops and Corporate Controller
- Play a key role in expense planning/forecasting by developing strong relationships with various leaders throughout the organization
- Recommend and implement financial model improvements to drive forecast accuracy
- Maintain and update 3-statement modeling (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for CFO, management, investors, and Board of Directors
- Drive benchmarking analysis and market-driven models
- Create ad hoc analysis to support key business decisions
- Serve as liaison for corporate FP&A projects
- Play integral role in selecting and implementing a new cloud-based financial planning software tool
- Work closely with the accounting team to support close activities and ensure forecast incorporates appropriate accounting policies
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally working in a high-growth environment
- BS/A in business or related field required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required, data analysis and presentation tools (Tableau, SQL, R, Python) valuable
- Working understanding of GAAP and financial metrics
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is preferred