Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
As Director of Finance at Applecart, you will be responsible for leading and managing robust financial reporting and analysis processes to support the companys leadership during a period of rapid growth.
The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter who has demonstrated experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. Reporting directly to the companys Co-CEO, you will own financial reporting and projections, and supervise the companys bookkeeping and accounting teams. The ideal candidate possesses strong applied analytical skills, a well-rounded understanding of financial statements, and experience leveraging financial analysis to solve high-stakes business problems in an operating role.
What Youll Do:
- Own company wide budgeting, financial projections and modeling processes
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual cycles for financial forecasting and reporting, including analyses and management reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Streamline existing and build new driver-based, practical financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics
- Conduct analysis and make data-driven recommendations to drive pricing strategy for Applecarts products
- Act as a central point of contact for all business partners with respect to budget and headcount planning
- Manage an internal FP&A analyst and external accountants and bookkeepers
- Analyze financial results, understand key trends, assess current and future business risk and opportunities, and effectively communicate insights and actions to companys leadership team
- Innovate to improve planning processes, reporting standards and KPIs
Who you are:
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience including forecasting, budgeting, and monthly close activities
- Experience at an early stage high-growth start up or other company in a similar role
- Past Big 4, Management Consulting, Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking experience
- Experience advising and supporting business leaders on pricing strategy, financing due diligence, board/management financial reporting, accounting, cost optimization, and other strategic functions
- Demonstrated experience managing an accounting team
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires strong prioritization ability with minimal oversight
- Experience and success with managing multiple deadlines while maintaining a cool confidence
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and take the initiative to drive necessary change
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor