Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our HealthSparq team as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, well improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
First and foremost, the Kyruus HealthSparq team cares deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
Ownership We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
Respect We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
Empowerment We embrace a culture that supports everyones ability to contribute and lead. Heres what that would mean for you in the Engineering Manager I role.
- Youll execute on the mission and vision by leading the development, delivery, and support sections of the product or process, partnering with the product owners to establish the feature priorities and roadmap to help meet the teams business objectives. Youll manage software development teams while maintaining accountability for the outcome of the work of one or two functional teams.
- Youll develop and deliver systems and applications.
- Youll define team objectives based on the department or project goals, while driving positive impact across engineering and product teams.
- Youll be responsible for instilling and reinforcing a strong sense of accountability and empowerment throughout all levels of the organization.
- Participates appropriately in contract negotiations with existing strategic vendors.
- Youll apply the appropriate software development methodologies in order to support and drive predicable, high-quality, on-time delivery of our products and applications with clear indicators to measure success.
- Youll implement and run agile software development, while understanding how to create the most efficient and motivated software teams.
- Youll have a thorough knowledge of general principles of project management and software development lifecycles.
- Define team needs and team staffing strategies.
- Instrument your services with appropriate monitoring and alerting, taking full operational ownership of your teams services.
- How You'll Use Your Professional Skills:
- Youll use your 5+ years experience in software and programming, and at least 2 of the years as a manager to:
- Gain trust and respect of customers, co-workers, and direct reports by demonstrating a high level of integrity, innovation, courage, and dependability.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding in software development methodologies and theory.
- Evaluate software performance using Big O notation and can mentor other team members to do the same.
- Share your deep understanding of SOA design, Web services, Microservice architectures, and cloud-based solutions.
- Leverage any experience in leading teams moving from a monolithic to a microservice architecture in order to add additional value.
- Hold employees accountable for achieving their departmental goals and meeting performance objectives.
- You develop and maintain effective and positive relationships with all business partners, from department leads to entry-level employees.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
Youll use your management and leadership skills to:
- How Youll Know Youre Succeeding
- You are comfortable making decisions that directly impact the product(s) and team(s).
- You can solve difficult problems that the team has in an efficient manner.
- You establish appropriate working relationships with existing and new strategic vendors, deriving the maximum value from negotiated contracts for technology services and products.
- Individuals in the Engineering Manager I role can move in a more linear career path to an Engineering Manager II position (overseeing larger teams and development commitments on the roadmap).
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.