Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you ready to make a change?
Were continuing to grow our Employee Experience team to help us enable a culture focused on connectivity, celebration and belonging across our entire community of Toasters - whether they are in our offices or remote - and we want you to join us!
Reporting to the Director of Employee Experience, youll be responsible for creating a cohesive set of social programs, training and team events, and large scale annual programs, including our company Kickoff Event. across the globe and our annual Kickoff Event. Your goal will be to provide Toasters with an opportunity to connect and grow with one another, regardless of where they are located. Were seeking someone who loves a challenge, is solutions oriented and knows how to bring people together.
To be successful in this role you should be a problem solver, highly organized, have a passion for delivering amazing experiences to people, and of course have fun while doing it.
About this roll*
- Create a world class employee events program focused on connectivity, values, and wellness
- Increasing overall employee engagement and sense of belonging for all Toasters - and ensuring an equitable events experience for Toasters who are remote and throughout different office locations.
- Be a self-starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves, jump right in to enhance the programs were already running, as well as find opportunities to integrate new events to engage Toasters across multiple interest areas, locations & departments.
- Lead on-site event logistics both nationally and locally.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage events and initiatives from ideation through to execution; including planning, communications, driving attendance and wrap up.
- Work cross functionally and build partnerships both within the People Team and the rest of the organization to tune into employees' needs, and find new opportunities to build connections both virtually and in person
- In partnership with our brand marketing team, we help to elevate the Toast brand across all of our initiatives.
- Utilize strong storytelling skills to ensure our programs are making a strong impact on the Toasters experience.
- Partner with the Employer Brand Manager to create content that helps tell the story of the Toast across our external channels promoting our culture, community and the impact that Toasters are having on our industry.
- Manage multi-event programs, ensuring our events are executed on time and on budget with a high employee satisfaction rate.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5-7 Years Corporate Event Planning
- A high energy individual (or a culture captain, as we like to call them) who is excited to bring the Toast values & culture to life across the company and all of our programming.
- Ability to create and plan end to end events/activities
- Strong teamwork & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solutions oriented mindset, with the ability to pivot when needed
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can balance multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Organized and detail oriented, with a strong desire to express their creativity
*Bread puns strongly encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.