CVS Health, Digital is looking for a Manager, Design Accessibility with experience working in fast-paced, startup like environment. We believe everyone deserves good design. As a key member of the Design team, you will help ensure that the user experience of our digital platform and ecosystem is built with accessibility in mind. Partner with product managers/owners and leadership to increase attention to the needs of our customers and community. Grow your skill set and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds. Coach, support and empower UX, UI and content strategists on principles of accessibility and inclusive design.
- Be the advocate and evangelist for accessible design and bring awareness & empathy to the greater org around the importance of accessibility.
- Recruit, hire and onboard a team of highly skilled experts in user experience responsible for elevating the a11y skills of the Design teams they support.
- Work with the Enterprise Design A11y leadership team to build out processes and practices within Design, and delivery mechanisms to Product & Engineering.
- Work to implement and advance greater vision for the Design Accessibility discipline
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction, bring the perspective of a11y.
- Assist in development of communication harmony across our distributed team
- Partner closely with leadership on messaging, initiatives, strategy and discipline roadmap
- Lead teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands utilizing industry best a11y practices and patterns.
- Evangelize adoption of design systems and systems thinking across portfolio
- Inspire, mentors, provide day-to-day and career guidance to a team of accessible designers.
- Work across departments to understand product potential & limitations and apply the lens of a11y.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching and furthering careers and professional growth for Design A11y team members.
- 8+ years experience bringing digital products to life
- 3+ years experience managing teams / experience in leadership
- Subject matter expert across web, iOS and Android accessibility with knowledge of Material and Human
- Deep knowledge of WCAG 2.1
- An insatiable curious spirit looking to both lead and learn
- Strong understanding of Inclusive Design principles
- Attention to detail is a must as is passion, energy and drive
-Demonstrable UX research, concepting and design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop and a willingness to try new tools.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design philosophies and an awareness of how to carefully bend it.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience with git or other version control methods.
- Extra credit for SAFe experience.
Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required or equivalent experience
Master's Degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.