Office Tour Photos
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
As a manager within Virgin Pulse, you are accountable for planning software and technical projects, owning the creation and maintenance of project plans, manage internal milestones and escalations, and help remove execution roadblocks.
You’ll be challenged to wear many hats as you devise strategies, plan, and coordinate features and enhancements that provide highly-technical solutions and complex data reporting for our global clients. You are not only comfortable with technology, you're motivated by it to fill gaps that support critical initiatives, you lead by establishing project ownership and accountability, and constantly challenge the status quo of how we deliver quality, accuracy and with timeliness in mind.
Candidates will be a good fit if they align with our organizational focus on customer centric efficiency, long term thinking, and passion for technology. Specifically, we think good leaders will demonstrate the following traits:
- You possess a high level of technical skills and are able to lead teams of data engineers in the development of their technical skills and their careers as well as become the technical resource for guidance when challenging issues arise.
- You possess strong communication skills and are able to speak technically with your teams as well as interact with non-technical teams in Customer Success, Sales, Finance, and directly with clients.
- You think tactically to get urgent priorities done, but also strategically to progress the teams to be more productive and efficient.
- You help come up with creative solutions to solve execution problems along the way to meet project timelines.
- You are a role model and good ambassador for our core values and can lead by example, setting expectations and context. Integrity is not just fundamental to our business, it is core to our mission.
- You care about long term quality and productivity improvement by strategizing and implementing a wide range of initiatives such as quality assurance objectives to improve delivery capability.
Your typical day looks like:
- Attending stand ups and scrum meetings of delivery teams
- Collaborating with product owners, technical leads and client success teams
- Drafting and managing project plans for major initiatives
- Frequent communication with internal and external teams and clients regarding processes, projects, deadlines, and issues
- Solving dependency conflicts and resourcing gaps
- Defining and communicating vision and strategy
- Teaching and increasing the technical skills of their staff to develop them in areas of the tooling that might be lacking
- Goal setting and prioritization
- Ensuring high-focus on quality, on-time delivery, and performance.
- Meeting individually and corporately with teams and team members on a regular basis to move things forward
- Development of staff
- Setting and meeting deadlines
What you bring to the team.
Virgin Pulse Technical Operations department supports the entire Virgin Pulse global enterprise and is the core department that services thousands of clients with complex data reporting and extracts, integrations with 3rd parties, high-volume data processing and custom professional services.
- Have a deep understanding of how scrum and the Agile methodology help deliver products
- Have a deep understanding of the SQL language
- Understand of data warehousing and business intelligence solutions
- Be able to effectively communicate across business and engineering departments
- Be able to collaborate with project stakeholders on scope and vision
- Know how to effectively manage technical teams across multiple offices
- Know how to manage project issues and communicate accountability for all relevant aspects to the project
- The ability to determine and ascertain required resources for project achievements
- Be a major contributing role in converting project vision to milestones at a macro and micro level
- Have a demonstrated ability for attention to detail and accuracy
- A genuine motivation to learn new technologies and keep up to date
- Be familiar with project management and spreadsheet tools (Smartsheet, Excel, Gliffy, Visio, VBasecamp, Trello)
- Know various quality control methods and processes, especially as it relates to data and database accuracy.
- Have some understanding of programming languages and coding techniques such as Java, Python, C#
- Have an understanding and some experience using version control (svn, git, etc…)
- Have knowledge of scrum tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Understand effective cross-cultural communications
- Be familiar with working in a team environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage your time well
Other Skills and Experiences:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable discussing data operations
- Your ability to contribute to a planning or scheduling discussion mirrors your ability to listen and learn from your peers
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
More Jobs From