Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Amazon Alexa has an opportunity for a dynamic senior manager to lead our teams in the spoken language understanding field. We've expanded Alexa to new countries and have added new languages associated with those countries. The foundation for our progress is our ability to work with data, to measure impact and accuracy, to respond quickly while keeping the long-term vision in mind, and to develop the talent on our teams. We are looking for a leader with the ability to guide teams through decisions regarding modeling and data and their impact on improving the customer experience. You will be asked to think both strategically and tactically.
This role requires a thought leader able to see beyond what we are doing today and identify where we will need to be in the future, and get us there through concrete practical steps. You will ideally have a broad range of domain skills from statistical machine learning to data management to analytics and data science. You will be experienced in deploying models in a large-scale production setting and be able to coach the team on various challenges and trade-offs in producing models able to perform consistently well across messy real-world data. You will help the team to evaluate their deliverables and processes and understand the success metrics for their work. You will also be effective at partnering with teams across the organization to piece together data, models, and infrastructure into a cohesive end-to-end solution. Your teams will be multidisciplinary and filled with talented people requiring management skills that enable them to thrive.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will hire and develop your team, build customer-facing experiences, and manage your own projects.
· Graduate degree in engineering, computer science, computational linguists, mathematics, or equivalent
· 10+ years of related experience
· Hands-on experiences in data science and machine learning
· Experience building technical teams
· Experience working with language-specific or country-specific product launches
· A track record of developing the skills and trajectories of talented and motivated people.
· Project management experience desired for working on cross-functional projects
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full modeling life cycle, including code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication. Able to explain complex solutions in easy-to-understand terms.
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Exceptional level of organization
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From