Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
You’re a capable leader of people and processes. Able to teach and train data engineers and data quality engineers into better practices and methods. You are comfortable and experienced at quality improvement for both data and reporting.
In the role of Manager, Data and Reporting Quality you will wear many hats though your talents will be crucial in the following areas:
- Establishing and enhancing best practices to ensure extremely high quality in data and reporting capabilities
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve communication and establish new quality processes around business intelligence and data file quality
- Identification of technical gaps in processes and tools that surface themselves in inaccuracies as well as clear communication and problem-solving skills
- Direct management and leadership of data quality engineers
- Working closely with managers of BI, Data Warehouse, and Reporting teams to guide and establish QA processes
- Establishing key metrics to highlight quality improvement areas
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Communication – you are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and comfortable discussing data and reporting operations
- Process innovation and definition – setting up processes that are easy to understand and follow is one of your strengths.
- Curiosity – Knowing that a problem exists is not enough… You are driven to find the “why” behind any problem and fix the root cause.
- Persistence – You don’t give up until you have found an answer.
- Leadership – able to lead and guide a small team of dedicated data quality engineers
- Goal setting – you are able to establish and maintain quality metrics to ensure reportability of quality both internally and externally.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of data structures and how they work
- SQL knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked with or understand CI / CD processes and how it can be leveraged for better data quality
- Have written Python scripts using Pandas library
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If you may be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to principles of social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we make a particular effort to recruit and encourage candidates that are historically from underrepresented communities to apply for open positions.
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through partnerships with our secure vendors.