OM1 is a leading healthcare technology company leveraging big clinical data and AI to better understand, compare, and predict patient outcomes. Our real world evidence platform, clinical registries and AI technologies enable clients to accelerate research, measure and benchmark health outcomes and to personalize patient care.
We are growing our Clinical Informatics team and looking for an Associate Director of Data & Informatics. The Clinical Informatics team is vital in reviewing & transforming data from various sources, maintain quality of the data throughout the transformation process and deliver data in standard format and structure that support the companys goals of delivering quality, accurate and timely data to business users.
As a Associate Director of the Clinical Informatics team you will:
- Provide supervision/direction/guidance to Clinical Data Analysts on the development of large healthcare databases that aggregates data from a variety of sources in building out the OM1 cloud.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for Clinical Data Analysts and any other junior members of the team and also contribute towards setting up work priority and triage projects and internal tasks.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance in helping solve some of the complex questions about the data and provide innovative and highly creative solutions that would work to further the organizations long-term goals and objectives.
- Under the direction of Clinical informatics Director, use data analysis expertise to contribute towards developing informatics strategy, and building a Master Data Management and Data Governance structure.
- Working in conjunction with Clinical Informatics Data Quality Analysts, contribute towards data quality and work with the team in finding resolutions of findings requiring implementation of new data cleansing actions.
- Working in conjunction with Clinical Informatics ETL Architect, conceptualize & implement newer and more efficient ways of processing data for Real World Evidence studies.
- Serve as the primary point of communication for project as well as internal product/technical teams with regards to the business or clinical requirements and technical implementation of OM1s initiatives. The ideal candidate would be comfortable orchestrating conversations between biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and other trained clinical staff while still being able to work closely with technical engineers.
- Serve as the internal data subject matter expert to external stakeholders and project teams and help coordinate activities for timely & accurate data processing by defining and implementing streamlined operations within the Clinical Informatics team.
- At least 5-7 years of industry experience working in a capacity of Clinical Data Analyst, with a minimum of 3 years as a Manager - Clinical Data Manager or similar.
- At least 3 years experience in Clinical Database Management system, knowledge and experience with Claims dataset is a must, along with Electronic Health Record experience.
- Expertise and experience in SQL, preferred knowledge of SAS, and other programming skills like Python or any other analytic tools.
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare standard terminology (ICD, SNOMED-CT, CPT, NDC, LOINC, etc.)
- Experience working within an agile product planning environment.
- Familiarity with standardized data models or health information exchange standards (OMOP, FHIR, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Real World Evidence Research studies is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - internally with technical & clinical/research teams as well as externally-facing.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects.