Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
Thrasio Tech Team:
The mission of the technology team is to provide the super power infrastructure that enables Thrasio to operate the most efficient, innovative, and effective next generation consumer products company in the world. If you are interested in working with large data systems, applying data science and predictive analytics, or building powerful interfaces for internal business customers then you will find those opportunities at Thrasio.
The Data Engineering Manager will be responsible for defining, maintaining, and updating the core business entities, relationships, and data that runs the data systems of Thrasio outside of the enterprise software.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership in coordination with data analytics and product management to define, deliver, and update the entities, entity relationships, and their representation as tables, constraints, and stored procedures in the Thrasio data systems.
- Work with other architects and the Director of Data acquisition to define, execute, and update core data systems while maintaining a high level of availability and transactional correctness.
- Work with senior management to make strategic decisions that attribute to the success of the team.
- Work with product and stakeholders to evolve the functionality of the technology platform.
- Provide leadership to a mix of growing onshore and offshore teams.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 10+ years of information and database architecture expertise
- Demonstrated expertise in: Information Architecture, Data Engineering, and data warehousing
- Strong familiarity with: Analytics, Data Science and reasonable familiarity with all areas.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills
- Deep experience with SQL including advanced techniques and stored procedures; Deep knowledge of data modeling across various databases
- Demonstrated data management experience with at least one and preferably 2 major SQL database platforms: MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server
- Deep experience with at least one cloud platform; Azure, Amazon, or Google. Thrasio uses Amazon, experience there is a plus
- Experienced with concepts of ETLs, data pipelines and distributed systems
- Extensive experience in data warehousing, analytics and business intelligence with a focus on modernized cloud-based platforms, platform as a service databases and analytics tools
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Ability to present complicated analytical methodology and results to a non-technical audience.
- Direct experience managing cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc and industry standard Data Warehousing technologies: Snowflake, Spark, Apache Airflow, etc
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.