This role is based within our Commercial Accounts Sales team here at Mimecast and we are looking for an exceptional person with strong sales and leadership skills to manage the Commercial Accounts team covering the West region. The Commercial Accounts team focuses on net-new opportunities between 500-2,999 employees. This is a very rich part of the U.S. market, and a space where the Mimecast cybersecurity value proposition resonates very well.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional that exhibits a high level of leadership qualities both in terms of inspiring their teams but also delivering consistently high results.
This position will manage a team of sales professionals who are responsible for developing pipeline amongst net-new prospects, developing strong Channel relationships and driving incremental sales opportunities amongst their addressable market.
- Manager in charge of all sales activities for accounts in territory
- Develops, or participates with the staff, in the development of the Strategic go-to-market Plan for Commercial accounts
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Establishes performance goals for all sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis.
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with all customers & partners of the Company.
- Responsible for driving revenue and uses learning from that experience to refine sales processes and to build an appropriate team.
- Attract, retain, train, and motivate a diverse sales force.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual business targets.
- Sign up to and execute against a set of end-to-end sales methodology and process (Gold Standard Sales Orders)
Key Performance Indicators
- Weekly end user activities
- Forecasting accuracy
- Pipeline development & health
- Minimum of 3 years in sales leadership position in IT (ideally within email / messaging / security / storage / SaaS)
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading direct and indirect sales teams
- Proven ability to build integrated sales and marketing plans
- Ability to manage risks, priorities and expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven capability of developing talent from within the business
- Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Experience working with and selling through Channel Partners and MSPs
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Organized and able to adapt to a fast paced work environment & sales cycle
- Intellectually curious and eager to understand product specifications relative to market
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of their team members
- Comfortable with a high performance and dynamic environment
- Thrives to improve everything they do
- Leads from the front and by example
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed theirown pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants toindividuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conductedby the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.