Are you passionate about analyzing data and delivering actionable information that helps business leaders and executives make informed business decisions? Are you looking to join a fast growing company with a great mission in the heart of Boston? Are you experienced in creating data visualizations, BI dashboards, and reports for operational and strategic planning? Do you speak both the technical and financial languages effectively and are able to convert your vision into concrete results? Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a significant impact?
If the above sounds like you, wed love to hear from you!
The mission of SimpliSafe is to keep every home secure. It is our belief that being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and so user-friendly that they can be set up by anyone in minutes. In addition to our great products, SimpliSafe offers seamless 24/7 professional monitoring services, without the long-term contracts nor sky-high prices of traditional alarm companies. Simply put, were on an industry-disruptive mission to keep every home safe.
Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. In 2014, we were ranked in The Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US with a 3,000%+ three-year growth rate. In July 2020, CNET named SimpliSafe the best do-it-yourself alarm system. Fast forward to today, we protect over 2 million Americans and that number is fast rising. SimpliSafe is ushering in a new era, one where anyone anywhere can have a security system that is not only simple but also on the cutting edge.
The Finance BI Manager will report to the Director of Financial Systems and will play a key role in enabling and supporting the data and reporting needs for the finance team at SimpliSafe. You will distill and extract insights from data to create value and unlock the potential of data to drive business decisions and value. As a part of this effort, you will be standardizing KPIs, operational metrics, and executive reports. This will require you to engage with senior leadership and other stakeholders to collect critical requirements, identify potential solutions, and implement them.
In summary, this is a highly visible role with access to senior level management and the ability to professionalize the business intelligence function in a fast growing, private equity backed company that is expanding globally.
What Youll Do:
- Translate high-level business strategy into standardized reports, dashboards, and data needs
- Map, transform and oversee data hierarchy used for month end reporting.
- Build easy-to-use data products to support deep dives which identify drivers for business trends
- Assure data quality through defining and monitoring data governance policies
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Explain complex technical concepts in leadership-facing, easy-to-digest language and visuals
- Collaborate with finance team members to design and develop non-GAAP KPI reporting.
What Youll Need:
- 5 8 years hands on experience with BI data analytics and visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or QlikView
- Have 5+ years of experience with SQL and cloud technologies like AWS
- Knowledge of leading trends and best practices in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization
- Experience working with sales, inventory, AP, AR and GL data from ERP systems
- Experience with subscription / SaaS business a plus
- Prior experience with consumer products and/or technology, subscription revenue models, and ecommerce
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to change
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and data analytics
- Self-starter who can take on significant responsibility and drive process change independently
- Intellectual curiosity with rigorous attention to detail and a passion for problem solving
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system and management reporting issues
- Experience with NetSuite and Zuora a plus