Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Manager of Business Development at Applecart you will contribute to the companys overall revenue growth by driving our direct-to-client B2B marketing business and supporting medium-sized revenue deals. You will grow our business by leveraging your sales experience and industry background to engage prospects and close deals. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You have experience in prospecting, pitching, and closing deals to generate business. You would work with a talented team of marketing strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact policy outcomes and drive and marketing success on behalf of Applecarts high profile clients.
What Youll Do
- Build and manage a book of direct-to-client sales focusing on B2B marketing opportunities to increase revenue.
- Customize compelling proposals that reflect a deep understanding of both the companys products and the clients marketing challenges.
- Own sales lifecycle from lead identification --> prospecting --> pitching --> contracting --> to handing off the business to the client services team.
- Prospect new business through compelling and creative strategies.
- Become an expert in Applecarts value proposition and product.
- Analyze industry trends and segments to create new sources of qualified leads.
- Utilize CRM (Hubspot) system to track activity and manage sales opportunities.
- Present and communicate clearly, comfortably, and expertly about the companys product offerings, verbally and in written form.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience working in sales at an ABM company
- Strong understanding of the ABM and broader B2B marketing marketplace
- Results driven with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Ability and desire to help grow a new business line and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel; experience managing a CRM (Hubspot)
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter