Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As the Manager of Business Development, youll lead a cohort of Business Development Representatives responsible for following up on inbound leads, cold calling and cold emailing, and setting meetings for their closing counterparts. As we quickly scale our Sales team, the Manager of Business Development will drive the ongoing development of their team, helping them build the skills necessary to move into the Sales Development Representative position and beyond. In addition to leading your team, youll help develop strategy for the broader Sales team and work closely with our Marketing team to inform demand generation strategy. This role reports to the Director of Sales Development.
In this role, you will:
- Coach a diverse cohort of 5-7 Business Development Representatives and own further hiring for your team as the business scales
- Grow and inspire a positive, inclusive, collaborative team culture
- Provide continuous support to Business Development Representatives through live coaching, weekly 1x1s, and career development conversations
- Set a strategy for your team and track progress towards weekly, monthly and quarterly goals for your team, including weekly activities, meetings booked, and pipeline generation
- Shape territory planning and strategy as part of the Sales management team
- Play a central role in the partnership of the Sales & Marketing teams, informing our marketing strategies and maximizing pipeline generation
This job is for you if you have:
- 1-3 years sales management and/or team lead experience at a SaaS company
- Created process for onboarding, coaching, and professional development
- Experience training cohorts of interns or co-ops counts, too!
- A track record of goal achievement as both an individual contributor and manager
- Experience working with a primarily outbound Sales team
- Expertise with Salesforce, Hubspot, Chorus.ai, Outreach.io
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or both!
- Experience managing a hiring process
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.