At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch. We're not venture capitalists - we are a collaborative team of Engineers, Analysts, and Entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As a Cogo Labs Manager, Analytics, you will responsible for generating the revenue that contributes to our ability to incubate companies. You'll accomplish this by growing our e-mail marketing platform by connecting businesses with potential consumers. Under your management, you will lead a cross-functional and diverse team of 3-5 to create measurable, transparently trackable, organized processes to continuously innovate, expand and grow our footprint.
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Finance, or Engineering backgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome
- 5-10 years of demonstrable success in an analytical role
- Proven experience in managing and motivating diverse, cross-functional agile teams to design, develop, prototype, and build or expand products or services
- Detail oriented mindset in evaluating requirements, anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs relative to technical constraints
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and document epics and issues/users stories. Capable of breaking complex work into small discernible and action oriented tasks
- Able to turn complex data into actionable insights and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders using tools like SQL and Python
- Demonstrated ownership of people development and/or project management
- Proven understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- Bonus: Experience growing, onboarding, training and developing analysts.
If you are reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There is no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we do not expect you to check every box. We are inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We cannot wait to read your application!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
1. Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on whats important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their teams time and effort.
2. Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
3. Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. Theyre resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
4. Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
5. Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and dont need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
6. Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
7. Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and dont sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
9. Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
10. Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
11. Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.