Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Labs focuses on transformative opportunities in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid product experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members. Our currently public initiative is P2P making selling or buying privately easy, safe, and secure.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What Youll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns and customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products and find opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key executive leaders including our CEO
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical and professional development
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Experience managing and/or mentoring a team
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Demonstrated knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or ability in learning new tool
- Ability to influence multiple business partners to adopt new data-driven approaches to achieve shared goals
- Comfort creating and delivering presentations to the business, making technical components understandable to non technical stakeholders
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From