Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, enabling us to give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embarks Professional Services team is dedicated to helping dog breeders incorporate genetic health testing into their breeding programs. Doing so helps support the long-term health and longevity of purebred dogs. The Embark for Breeders DNA Test also provides useful information for puppy buyers to help manage the lifelong care of their dog.
As a Major Accounts Manager on the Professional Services team, you will work with the breeding programs, service dog organizations, and channel partners that utilize Embarks genetic health testing on a large-scale: hundreds and thousands of dogs tested per year. This is a hybrid business development role where you will utilize relationship management and account management skills, while documenting requirements and interacting with internal product and marketing teams to fulfill customer needs, all with an eye on sales metrics and other growth KPIs. Youll be a leading voice in a rapidly growing business unit within Embark.
- Manage relationships with Embarks largest breeder customers to achieve quarterly/annual account performance sales goals
- Own inbound sales leads and convert prospects (individuals and organizations) to customers
- Assume responsibility for managing and growing channel partner programs that promote & distribute the Embark for Breeders product
- Document new feature requests and product enhancements; work cross-functionally within Embark to support their implementation
- Collaborate with the Breeder GM and marketing managers to grow the sales funnel and increase prospect acquisition
- Collaborate with Embark Science teams to share customer insights and support research initiatives using customer data
- Provide voice of customer into strategic planning sessions with business unit leaders across the company
- Be the go-to team member for a variety of growth and customer related projects
- Help propel Embarks breeder services program to be the leading provider in the US and globally.
- 5+ years experience in B2B account management
- Proven track record of achieving growth-related KPIs on a quarterly and annual basis
- Familiarity with best practices for new business development using warm and cold leads
- Expertise in delivering presentations via virtual meeting, phone, and in-person
- Experience working with technical products (life sciences preferred) and ability to translate sophisticated features & capabilities to layperson audiences
- Strong organizational project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to articulate business goals for partnership programs, manage communications with external stakeholders, document and achieve milestones
- Experience in fast-paced startup environments
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams to support customer needs, balanced within resource constraints from product & engineering teams
- Required: experience and comfort working within very fast paced organization with ability to create systems, define KPIs, and measure performance.
- Preferred: familiarity with pet industry including major pet brands, dog breeding practices, dog shows/events, or any other related canine fields
What we offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.