DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the worlds supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
DUST Identity is looking for a Machine Vision Engineer to join our growing R&D team. We are looking for knowledge and experience; but we care about character most of all. The Machine Vision Engineer will drive improvements in DUST's core technologies across a wide range of use cases and deployment scenarios.
The Machine Vision Engineer role requires a hands-on, results-oriented individual who is organized, a great communicator, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to identify, test, and deploy cutting-edge algorithms and data-processing techniques. Additionally, the candidate should have strong communication skills in order to explain their chosen technical approach and tradeoffs encountered when tackling problems. They should also have a demonstrated ability to execute within continuous development cycles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop machine vision algorithms and solutions
- Develop performance testing and validation methodologies and reliable performance measures for algorithm evaluation
- Drive the development of new tooling in support of the above
- Design and implement machine learning models
- Effectively communicate needs, challenges, and trade offs, with the rest of the engineering team
What You Bring
- Deep knowledge of computer/machine vision fundamentals
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline; Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years successful track record of working on machine vision products
- Experience writing technical reports, Standard Operating Procedures, and documentation
- Experience with traditional machine learning, as well as deep learning, specifically models used for image classification, filtering, and segmentation
- Feature extraction from images using established and cutting-edge deep learning approaches
- Semantic Image Segmentation
- Efficient and scalable image indexing and retrieval for large datasets
- Python, OpenCV, numpy/scipy/etc., scikit-learn/image, jupyter
- TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills; strong foundations in probability and statistics
- Experience with hardware optimization and/or image sensor integration (e.g., DSPs, ASICs, FPGAs) is a bonus
- Unsupervised, learning-based feature extraction techniques are a bonus
- Sensor error modeling and propagation are a bonus
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: <5%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress