As a Production Technician Level D at Markforged, you will be responsible for helping support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. You will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. You will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Hours are: 6:30am-3:00pm
What will you own?
- Operate Production Equipment
- Operate plastic extruder.
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Change consumable materials.
- Operate material handling equipment
- Monitor all operational equipment, and ensure optimal standards are met.
- Maintain Tooling and Equipment
- Perform line upgrades and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
- Troubleshoot issues with help of Engineering and Operations team members.
- Transfer Consumable Materials from Inventory to Production
- Prepare materials for production.
- Transfer materials to inventory.
- Notify Team Leader if/when any material issues are observed.
- Support in Special Projects
- As needed, projects to be determined
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Minimum education: High school
- Preferred education: 2-year degree in electronics or other technical field
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
- Experience with Safety systems
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience working with fiber materials (preferred)
- Experience working with plastics (preferred)
We are looking for someone with experience in/as a:
- Team lead or utility
- Manufacturing associate
- Machine shop
- High volume assembly (High volume/low mix or low volume/high mix acceptable)
- Non-machine paced work, hand assembly
Skills and certifications:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Documents
- Verbal/Written English Communication is required
- ERP/MRP (preferred)
- QMS (preferred)
Professional Certification (preferred):
- Lean manufacturing
- Project management