ABOUT THE ROLE
Teikametrics is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join a team under the Director of AI tasked with building a platform that supports the rapid construction and deployment of prediction and control services in the domain of E-commerce. Candidates should have an understanding of machine-learning and statistical modeling concepts paired with strong software engineering fundamentals.
The AI team's predictive services are developed in Python on top of AWS Sagemaker, orchestrated by Airflow and backed by a data warehouse in Snowflake. The team's mandate is to design and build infrastructure that enables us to safely deploy solutions to the multi-agent, game-theoretic problems at the heart of decision-making in E-commerce. This entails model train/evaluate/serve lifecycle management, ML metadata storage and visibility, provisioning of separate environments for staging and integration testing, and task orchestration.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of experience working as a professional software developer.
- Proficiency in Python with exposure to some subset of the Python ML ecosystem (numpy/scipy/pandas, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving.
- Interest in deploying machine-learning models as scalable services.
- Interest in "tool-making"; building features for developers that empower them and make them faster.
- Passion for learning and growing as a developer.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in tech talks, code review, and pair programming.
- Experience with any of: AWS, Airflow, Kubernetes, Terraform, Spark, Snowflake.
- Experience writing, testing, and interpreting numerical, scientific code.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Proficiency in SQL.
ITS A BONUS TO HAVE
There has never been a more exciting time to join Teikametrics, the leading Retail Optimization Platform (ROP). Were building an operating system to optimize every aspect of a retailer's business -- from advertising to inventory to pricing. We optimize billions of transactions for thousands of entrepreneurs and brands around the world selling on Amazon and other marketplaces. The Teikametrics ROP uses proprietary econometrics and machine-learning data models packaged in a simple SaaS interface. We combine our best in class technology with coaching and support from our world-class teams based remotely in Boston, MA, Seattle, WA, Bengaluru, India, and Tel Aviv, Israel. We are looking for team members who are values aligned, make impact to our mission, and thrive in our fast-growing organization.