Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are looking for a detail-orientated and customer-focused individual who will be responsible for managing the data and tracking of international shipments coming to our warehouses and shipping directly to customers and vendors.
The Logistics & Fulfillment Specialist will create all documentation for both internal and export transactions including invoices and various certificates working with order administration, trade compliance, logistics and outside vendors.
- Process domestic and international shipments.
- Completes detailed inventory transactions in appropriate systems.
- Compiles data and generates reports as needed.
- Generates BOL and packing list for shipments.
- Generates Shippers Export Declaration and Shipper's Letter of Instructions.
- Generates Commercial Invoices.
- Responsible for working with various certification agencies depending on the final destination of shipments.
- Communicate with customs brokers on imports to the United States.
- Work closely with freight forwarders at both ends of transactions to ensure the documentation process flow smoothly.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Maintain current knowledge of the import and export customs regulations, policies, and laws affecting foreign trade.
- Track shipments, international Ocean and Air and Domestic freight.
- Monitor data and KPIs to ensure we are avoiding extra charges as much as possible for in bound international freight.
- Assist in compiling financial metrics on warehousing and logistics providers.
- Provide support and back up to other Logistics team members for cross training and coverage while team members are out of the office.
- Schedules and coordinates pick up for outgoing shipments.
- Coordinate physical and compliance aspects of moves between DM inventory depots
- Obtain PODs and attach to order packages.
- Participate [and lead] Process Improvement projects
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with providers
- Participate in RFQs and RFPs
- Build Process flow and control models for SOX and other compliance review.
- Work with Procurement teams to help document inbound physical processes culminating in divisional and regional inbound Transportation Routing Guides
- Participate in weekly meetings surrounding project status reviews
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have previous experience with US Import and Export - ocean, air and drayage.
- Possess exceptional Excel skills.
- Have a Bachelors degree (preferred, not required)
- Work independently with little guidance
- Knowledge of US Customs brokerage processes
- Knowledge of both Transportation and Contractual INCOTERMS
- A working knowledge of different divisions needs as they pertain to Logistics.
- Working knowledge of GPS tracking tools as they relate to high value cargo.
- Familiar with Truckload Brokerage operations supporting High Value item transport.
- Familiar with Next Flight Out providers and use cases.
- Familiar with warehousing 3PLs
- Working knowledge of Forwarder Cargo Receipts and Letters of Credit
- Continual drive toward new process improvements
- Highly detailed oriented and open to repetitive tasks
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Able to meet deadlines and work extended hours at Q end.
- If remote, be able to be in person at HQ for quarter end operation support week.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.