Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
As the Cost Analyst for our Logistics Team, you will be responsible for ButcherBox’s cost of shipping thousands of boxes across the country. They will have the opportunity to seek out and pursue value-add initiatives both internally and with our partners to reduce shipping costs and play a part in providing a better experience for our members. We are looking for a candidate with an analytical mindset who has familiarity & experience evaluating final mile and small parcel shipping costs.
- Develop weekly shipping cost report and analysis with operational factors including weight, shipping services, carrier mix, zones, times in transit, and surcharges
- Adapt pricing structures with partners based on dynamic shipping mix and surcharges
- Perform quarterly review of carrier agreements and provide recommendations based on industry trends and areas of opportunity
- Manage invoices with partners and the ButcherBox Finance & Accounting team
- Work with the ButcherBox Finance & Accounting team to reconcile and close monthly financials
- Present monthly financials to the Logistics team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- 2+ years of logistics parcel shipping experience
- Accountable, attention to detail, curious, ambitious, passionate
- Problem solving mentality
- Able to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and confident in balancing priorities
- Basic SQL knowledge – ability to export data
- Experience in an eCommerce that ships perishable parcel goods
- Advanced SQL skills
- PowerBI knowledge
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for wellness membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.