LeanIX, The Continuous Transformation Platform that efficiently organizes, plans and manages IT landscapes with our solutions focusing on Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Intelligence, Microservice Intelligence and SaaS Intelligence.
LeanIX is not just the product, in fact its a great place to work. Colleagues from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. We believe in transparent communication, personal development, diverse workforce, innovation by creating ideas that prove useful and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
As a leading Software-as-a-Service provider, security and compliance to legal requirements are particularly important to LeanIX and its customers. The Associate Legal Counsel will work to safeguard LeanIXs interests and reputation by ensuring that the company adheres to legal guidelines by providing advice to management on all relevant issues. Showcasing a commitment to ethics and integrity, the Legal Counsel will work to ensure compliance and minimize risk exposure within complex legal and technical frameworks.
This position will work cross-functionally across the global organization, aligning particularly closely with the Senior Legal Counsel, US and Head of Legal. In addition to professionalism and profound attention to detail, the ideal candidate will have a background in supporting SaaS sales, exceptional and consistent drafting abilities, a polished approach to contract negotiations, and practical judgement for evaluating and managing risk.
This position will be exposed to all areas of the business as LeanIX and particularly the Legal Department continue to scale. The diverse workload is an excellent opportunity to expand and develop ones skillset and in-house legal counsel career.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Negotiate SaaS subscription service agreements, reseller and partner contracts, procurement agreements, professional services, NDAs, and DPAs
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Work cross-functionally with different teams to develop practical solutions to support business objectives
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Work on other projects as assigned by Head of Legal
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least 3 years of legal work experience after law school graduation from an accredited school as well as membership of at least one state bar; eligible to practice as an in-house attorney in Massachusetts
- Experience in areas such as privacy, information security, education and compliance, mergers & acquisitions, litigation, and insurance
- Prioritization abilities when it comes to competing requests while also managing deadlines, maintaining admirable working relationships, and collaborating within a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to identify opportunities for operational improvements, develop recommendations and drive meaningful change
At LeanIX you have the freedom to decide on the work mode that suits both your personal situation and how to best organize work within your team. The Flexible Work Mode means you can work from the office once in a while, on a frequent basis or maybe you prefer to work remotely from your home office most of the time. LeanIX teams and team members decide their work mode for themselves. Our Flexible Work Mode only requires employees to reside within a reasonable distance to one of our offices (you should be able to get there within a half day of travel) in order to encourage attendance at company and office-wide events, important internal meetings, and to develop and strengthen working relationships with colleagues.
As an equal opportunity employer, LeanIX is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.