Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a team of world-class account executives to drive commercialization of our platform. You will lead a team of passionate named account executives in selling solutions that fundamentally change how research is done. The Enterprise Sales Leader is responsible for providing leadership to a team chartered with growing and accelerating pipeline and cloud consumption of the Benchling platform to the top global biotechnology accounts located on the US west coast. Core responsibilities of this role include all aspects of managing and leading the sales effort across all stages, from qualification to close. Beyond direct customer facing responsibilities, you will also be involved with hiring, developing and optimizing a team and executing against a sales plan to help achieve the companys business and financial objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Mastery of Benchling products and plans.
- Build and maintain a high performing team: attract, develop, engage and retain talented team members by creating an environment where people can realize their full potential. Ego-free. Acknowledges the work of others first.
- Generate a pipeline across the team with passion and creativity.
- Support your team in executing through the sales cycle by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
- Effectively partner with and foster collaboration across internal functions to achieve company and organizational objectives.
- Successfully engaged with some of the largest and most strategic accounts and land a number of meaningful and sizable wins.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to continuously improve go-to-market execution, collateral and success.
- The ideal candidate must be a high-energy, strategic leader possessing a strong sense of urgency with a performance-based track record of success. You will have demonstrated successful expertise with a cloud product technology company.
- A Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar Life Sciences field is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of manager experience leading and directing teams with many members located remotely and others that support success through a matrixed-environment.
- Experience building and maintaining high performing teams.
- Strong understanding of the life sciences industry; domain knowledge of biotechnology early research & development workflows, scientific software experience preferred (LIMS, ELN, etc.)
- A deep understanding of the technology evaluation and buying cycle and the forces at play.
- A dynamic technically-astute manager who understands what it takes to develop a pipeline around cloud products and promote cloud consumption.
- A proven and enthusiastic, high-energy, motivating leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and galvanizing an organization.
- A balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high-level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thought.
- An exceptional communicator who can write, present and effectively adjust messages to meet individual audiences and organizations.
- A proven ability to navigate and effectively collaborate with other departments and resources in large complex environments.
- Strongly passionate about helping customers solve business challenges and realize the most value from Benchling - lead a team of trusted partners.
- Strong closing experience - support and lead your team through the proposal, procurement, legal processes to drive deal closure.
- Outstanding self-starter approach with the determination to be successful in a fast moving and growing environment.
- Expects Results: Consistently drives high standards for each individual, the team, and the organization to accomplish established goals. Driven to over-achieve.
- Analytical and Instinctual: Compares information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Uses data to make decisions but also understands that instinct plays a part in innovating. Always uses good common sense.
- Possesses Business Acumen: Deep understanding of cloud technology, business and operations with the ability to draw from personal experience to make recommendations.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.