Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $35.6M Series C led by OMERS Growth Equity, with participation from GGV Capital, Insight Partners, Highland Capital Partners, and ServiceNow, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated leader for our UX design team, who will guide high-quality experiences for our end users. In this role, you will work to create new design patterns and guidelines while collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to bring your visions to life. Youll have the opportunity to shape the user experience in meaningful and ethical ways, making life better for our end users and customers. You know how to work collaboratively with customers, Product Management, Engineering, and others to create UX designs. As a leader, you will lead a team of UX designers, nurture their career and establish key UX processes within the organization. You are ultimately responsible for the complete lifecycle of the design experience across Fairmarkits platform and take pride in delivering excellent experiences that enable our customers to achieve their goals.
If you are a problem-solver who can deliver quality content, then this may be your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level on an agile team at a fast-growing company. This is a great opportunity to be a critical part of an innovative, fast-growing team.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Understand all the core user journeys and business processes that Fairmarkit automates; Design optimal user experiences that help our end users to effectively automate their tasks on Fairmarkits platform.
- Create compelling user journeys, wireframes, detailed UX flows, pixel perfect screens, and prototypes that show micro interactions and full experiences.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Validate and iterate on your design solutions through feedback sessions, usability lab testing, live testing.
- Conduct user interviews and UX research by helping recruit participants, run research, and report on all aspects of customer feedback. This user research should include concept testing, usability testing, and customer/user feedback
- Continuously maintain a high awareness of market/competition UX design, and overall design of our unannounced product details to design and lead the delivery of best in class UX with assigned UI team.
- Perform UX audits and tests to iterate over existing designs and optimize the user experience on a recurring basis
- Create and facilitate an environment, process and design system that supports consistent UX principles and processes across devices and channels.
- Help teams to translate deep technical conversations through a lens of user needs; You have the tenacity and creativity to work through ambiguity and tell the story of whats possible.
- Contribute to and shape our design team's platform style guide, tools and practices to scale our impact across the organization.
- Ensure active collaboration with cross-functional teams within Fairmarkit including engineering, product management, technical writers, and support.
- You proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers.
- 6+ years of experience with UX design
- Past experience in managing teams of 2 or more UX designers
- Background in HCI, Design, or a related field; Know the theory behind interaction design, and are an expert at using design tools like Figma to translate ideas into working products
- An expert in hands-on knowledge for creating a powerful UX/UI for enterprise SaaS applications
- Should be able to work in result driven environment with data driven approach
- Proficient with rapid prototyping and visualization tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC, and similar design tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Ability to empathize with the customer
- Strong understanding of agile software development
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills