Office Tour Photos
Were looking for a Lead Designer to thoughtfully contribute to our award-winning electronic health record and physician practice management products. In this role, you will lead the UX portion of our product development process on a multi-disciplinary agile R&D team. You will define, design and test product and digital service features with the goal of improving the ability of physicians and their staff to do their jobs well.
Our Clinicals product provides tools that enable our clients to care for patients and document that care easily and effectively. Were working to turn a complex and sometimes cumbersome process into a more intuitive, satisfying, and empowering experience for our users. As a member of this product team, you will work to reimagine and optimize the clinician experience.
A successful candidate will be a champion for our users and will embrace the challenge of solving complex problems that present the greatest opportunities to ease the burden on humans in healthcare by removing obstacles or creating better paths. They will develop a clear point of view about UX decisions and tradeoffs in collaboration with the product and engineering leads on the team. A successful candidate will also be able to function both independently making well-informed design decisions on their own and in collaboration with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, and other disciplines.
- Conduct primary and secondary research efforts
- Design scalable, web-based product experiences
- Produce detailed designs and specifications for team projects
- Identify opportunities for improvement in existing products
- Make tradeoffs and decisions about project scope, design strategy, and implementation
- Seek out and incorporate feedback from users and cross-functional teams
- Promote and demonstrate design best practices for product owners, engineers, and more junior design collaborators
- Proactively seek out and foster relationships and connections across scrum teams to support cohesion and consistency throughout the users experience
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Experience solving highly complex problems for users
- Self-directed and comfortable making decisions without perfect information
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of the US healthcare space
- Interest in or experience working with agile/scrum teams
- Ability to articulate your rationale for design decisions
- Portfolio demonstrating good taste, great interaction design skills, and attention to detail
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From