Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our Interoperability team within our Platform division. Your job will be to exercise high-level thinking, boots-on-the-ground interaction design, visual design and user-focused experience design. In this role, you will work closely with a multi- disciplinary agile R&D team to define, design and test product and digital service features with the goal of building an ecosystem. You will embrace the challenge of elevating design within an enterprise product team, where user experience competes for attention against many other valid R&D priorities. You are motivated, enthusiastic, curious, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to present ideas at every stage of their design process.
The Team: Our Interoperability team builds and delivers systems/infrastructure that allows users, systems, and organizations to interact with athenahealth as a network.
- Design execution (primary)
- Identify and frame user-centered problems effectively
- Create low- to high-fidelity prototypes to communicate concepts and ideas
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams throughout the agile planning, design and development process to deliver released product that meets design intent.
- Design Strategy and planning
- Build deep understanding of healthcare workflows by planning and executing user, client, and domain research.
- Partner with product & engineering leads help define how initiative strategy impacts your scrum team and its projects.
- Ensure design work is conducted using behavioral data focused on user-centered product success metrics.
- Bachelors or masters degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines
- Experience working Agile development environments
- Significant experience in product design
- Design system experience preferred, but at least some work examples of reusable pattern creation or similar examples
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From