Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an Experience Design Director to thoughtfully contribute to our Clinicals product, an award-winning electronic health record and medical practice management solution. In this role, youll partner with cross-functional team leaders to create and execute strategy across the Medication Ordering problem space. You will direct design for multiple scrum teams by coordinating efforts to define vision, ensuring high-level design intent is maintained throughout the R & D process, and managing a team of talented scrum designers.
Our Clinicals product provides tools that enable our clients to care for patients and document that care easily and effectively. Were working to turn a complex and sometimes cumbersome process into a more intuitive, satisfying, and empowering experience for physicians and support staff.
A successful candidate for this role will have a track record of success framing complex, wicked problems and working cross-functionally to identify meaningful solutions. If you want to be a champion for our users and apply your skills to ambitious work, wed love for you to join the team.
- Lead a design team to efficiently deliver consistently high quality UX designs, driven by research and validated with users.
- Partner with product & engineering leads to set strategic direction for a substantial feature-set of a product across multiple scrum teams
- Contribute to deliverables for product release milestones, including product roadmaps, launch readiness reviews, and readouts to product leadership
- Plan and facilitate problem identification and solutioning workshops
- Lead or supervise the creation of journey maps and vision documents
- Champion processes to ensure shared learning across organizational boundaries and create a culture that emphasizes ongoing learning and development
- Coach your direct reports through effective goal setting, regular feedback, and networking
- 10+ years of experience creating services and products for web, mobile and/or tablet.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating and leading other designers
- MA or MS, BA or BS in User Experience, Interaction Design, HCI, Library Sciences or similar, or hold a degree in a different field but have acquired impressive experience that negates formal design qualifications.
- Deep knowledge of UX practices within Agile software development process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of managing ambiguity, change and uncertainty, focusing on information at hand and making good and timely decisions to effectively keep work moving forward;
- Adaptable to ever-changing needs of a dynamic business with flexibility and willingness to jump into any aspect of work to help the team achieve results
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From