iboss is a cloud security company that enables the modern workforce to connect securely and directly to all applications from wherever they work. Built on a containerized cloud architecture, iboss delivers security capabilities such as SWG, malware defense, RBI, CASB and data loss prevention to all connections via the cloud, instantaneously and at scale. This eliminates the need for traditional network security appliances, such as VPNs, firewalls and web gateway proxies, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by 230+ issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss processes over 150 billion transactions daily, blocking 4 billion threats per day. More than 4,000 global enterprises trust the iboss Cloud Platform to support their modern workforces, including a large number of Fortune 50 companies. To learn more, visit https://www.iboss.com/.
We are looking for a lead tool developer to architect and build key systems to improve our analysis and detection capabilities. In this role, you will be responsible to work with key stake holders to design and oversee the build-out of new processes and functionality that impact our internal and customer-facing systems and support the data needs of the threat intel analysts. In this dynamic role, you will work with expanding research and intelligence group and a fast-paced engineering team. You can expect to be working on long-term projects and be servicing priority interruptions as they occur. In addition to the things you already know, this position will require a lot of research and stepping out into the unknown as we experiment with concepts in uncharted territory.
- Custom tool and data source creation to facilitate tracking TTPs associated with threat actors, campaigns, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Collection capabilities including such as honeynets and spam traps
- Content analysis detection capabilities to determine maliciousness of data
- Creation and curation of threat feeds to include mining data for new IOCs and using additional data to enrich current IOCs
- Evaluating new technologies and vendors to enhance our detection capabilities
- Experience with Python, ELK, Databases, Sandboxes, Feed integrations, and operating in virtual platforms
- Possess a deep understanding of networking protocols and operations (TCP, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- Demonstrative experience architecting solutions
- Familiar with Git/Jira/ Confluence and Kanban
- Prior Cybersecurity and/ or threat intelligence a big plus
- Proven track record of managing complex technical projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in a remote team as well as lead and mentor a remote team
- Bachelors degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas