We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team responsible for creating, managing and maintain non-production environments used by both internal and external clients for pre-sales, onboarding, acceptance testing and training activities. This ecosystem of services is referred to as Support Environments. You will closely work /partner with various engineering teams & product management to develop products & services that are reliable, scalable, fully automated & predictable.
The Support Environments team is responsible for setting up platform & data solutions for our customers throughout various stages of their lifecycle in Athenahealth starting from the customer acquisition phase through on-going business enhancements and mergers and acquisitions.
- Manage incidents and customer support issues by working with the NOC, infrastructure teams, DB admin and our Tier1 support team.
- Perform feature-related development work on user interface, business logic, applications, schema.
- Perform proof-of-concept experiments
- Drive resolution of technical dependencies on other engineering teams, such asDBAdmin,CoreSRE,SecDev, and Dev teams.
- Share important technical information with our offshore development team.
- Serve as technical liaison to other local development teams, such as to guide microservice Dev teams to align withSupport Environment requirements.
- Provide technical input during initiative planning.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS and related infrastructure; Oracle experience is a plus
- 5+ years of Java development experience required, using Spring or SpringBoot framework
- Experience using Agile methodologies and associated tools such as Jira, Confluence.
- Experience in using AWS as a developer is a plus.
- As this position requires a lot of interaction with various teams, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience is a must.
- Strong programming skills. 5-7 years of experience programming, reading and analyzing code as well as develop necessary tools to support such efforts.
- Strong knowledge of any source control management tools.
- Knowledge of continuous build, release and deployment systems.
- Scripting experience with shell scripting in Linux.
- Understands Agile concepts & participated in various agile ceremonies.
- Comfortable working within established code and process frameworks.
- Proactive and self-motivated to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations.
- Strong track record of learning new tools and technologies.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.