We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Clinicals product team within our Core Services Engineering organization. We deliver technology that allows doctors to be doctors so that they can spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Our athenaClinicals Ambulatory team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
- Lead, design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate, mentor and advise team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and coordinate efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- Ideally 5+ years of software engineering experience with significant product development expertise
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- We work in Agile TDD environments, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is helpful