Braintree, MA - Full Stack Engineer with Mobile Experience
Java, Experience with Micro Service Architecture, One of the following: iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin), or React Native. Strong command of software design patterns and an ability to communicate technical concepts to varied audiences
Node.js, Rails or other mainstream server-side architecture, some familiarity with Mobile UX design; Functional reactive programming, RxJava, Angular, AWS, serverless architecture.
What are you about?
You are an emerging team leader who brings the highest level of technical excellence to your projects and project teams. You have high curiosity about experimenting with different technologies; You thrive on solving a wide variety of challenges; You like having fun with great coworkers in a flexible environment; Your Github account speaks for itself, but you’re eager to speak about it, too. You enjoy mentoring and coaching junior developers.
Here’s what we’re about.
Cantina is a strategic design and technology agency. We accelerate an organization's ability to innovate, grow and deliver better digital products and services.
You create quality software at a brisk but maintainable pace while following best practices. You can interact with a variety of stakeholders on strategic, high-impact projects. You enjoy working within small, tight-knit teams of diverse contributors. You prefer to use “the right tool for the right job,” and are excited by opportunities to acquire new skills. Your craft is software engineering, and no one language or framework defines you.
You should be a passionate full stack developer with a broad range of technical and consulting skills who has led and inspired small project teams. You should enjoy switching between various programming projects, ramping up quickly, regardless of the chosen technology, and delivering. In addition, we are often faced with tasks that go beyond technical discipline to involve much broader aspects of consulting. You should be well versed in project and client relationship management, project scoping and direct client interaction.
- Strong foundational knowledge of web, mobile and connected technologies
- Ready and willing to ramp up on the “right tool for the right job”
- Be motivated to work independently and over deliver
- Know how to identify project issues
- Github with relevant projects to showcase
- Open source contributions
- Backend / web service experience expertise
- Base salary of $95,000 - 115,000 based upon experience
- Eligible for performance bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Paid parental leave up to 6 weeks 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to 20 days per year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free beverages and snacks
- Convenient location in Boston’s Seaport/Fort Point area close to public transportation